The Roaring Twenties littermates are a delightful, playful, social gang of 10: 6 girls & 4 boys. The pups are a little smaller than some litters of 7 weeks we’ve had, but it appears they may be a little smaller than their mother, who weighs around 40 lbs. Their mother, K.C., is a smooth-coated, classically-marked border collie with gorgeous prick or stand-up ears. It looks like all of the pups will have her ears, even as a couple of them have floppy ears now. Her pups clearly get their happy-go-lucky, social personalities from K.C. because she is a love. She gets along with all the dogs in her foster home and loves to visit with people who come by to meet her puppies. K.C. is being spayed this week and will soon be posted and ready for her puppy-free forever home.
The Roaring Twenties pups will be ready to go to their new homes on March 8th. They have been a pure joy to raise, even as there are so many of them. They are fun-loving and highly interactive with people and all of the animals in their foster home. They love toys, tunnels, cardboard boxes to hide in and then topple over, tugging, wrestling, somersaulting, chasing, and giving lots of puppy kisses. All of them are comfortable being held and even with being held on their backs. These pups are all so much alike. There is not a leader; nor is there a shy puppy. They are active, but they settle nicely, often sleeping in a big puppy pile with their bellies up. They eat three meals a day at this point, and they have learned to eat their meals in their crates. They are also learning to go potty on paper, but as they are still so young, that is a work in progress.
- PABLO PICASSO is a mad kisser and he loves balls.
- CHARLESTON especially likes to run with the big dogs. He loves to tug and to be held.
- ELIOT NESS is sweet and recovers quickly when he’s been surprised. He likes to tug.
- SCOTT FITZGERALD is one of the smaller pups, who is happy-go-lucky and goes with the flow.
- CLASSY has lots of personality. She is adventurous and likes to show off.
- ZELDA FITZGERALD is a gentle spirit who watches before joining in.
- BETTY BOOP is adventurous and will investigate things on her own.
- SKIDOO was the first born in the litter, and she is first to try things. She loves to tug.
- CLARA BOW is sweet and loves everyone. She loves to start games with the others.
- GARBO likes to get a toy and tease another pup. She cuddles very sweetly and likes to pretend dig in a cardboard box.
THE ROARING TWENTIES PUPPIES are started on their puppy vaccines, wormed, and microchipped. As a condition of puppy adoption, each will need to be altered when they reach approximately 6 months (specific time to be determined by your vet). In addition to the adoption fee, puppy adoption requires a $75 spay/neuter deposit. Upon our receiving the spay/neuter certificate from you, the deposit is refunded. If you have an approved Northern California Border Collie Rescue & Adoptions Adoption Application and wish to inquire about the puppies, please email us at Adoptions@norcalbcrescue.org. If you have an approved adoption application with Border Collie Rescue of Northern California let us know and we will request it be forwarded to us for consideration.
THE ROARING TWENTIES PUPPIES are being fostered in Live Oak in Sutter County, California.
Become A Foster
NCBCRA is always looking for new foster families to provide a lifesaving chance for a Border collie.
NCBCRA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) committed to rescuing Border Collies in Northern California in order to find them their forever homes.