Meet ROCKY, a sweet 7 ½ year old boy of 55 pounds with a beautiful rough coat and classic black & white markings.
ROCKY is very social with people. He grew up in a home with older adults, and was an only dog. He loves hugs, pets, giving kisses, and hanging near his people. ROCKY gets along well with his foster BC packmates (he loved our two foster puppies!) and we’re told that he is OK around cats. He likes to chase bugs in the yard, run, chill out and nap, and chew on a good deer antler.
ROCKY has some pretty classic BC behaviors and needs a home with the following:
• Room to run on 1 or more acres
• A mentally active environment – having other dog playmates, taking regular hikes/walks, supplying chew toys and games
• ROCKY will need to sleep in the same room as his human
• Owner understanding and acceptance of the BC mild OCD tendencies such as chasing bugs, catch/come at night as a game to play
• Owner knowledge of herding dog training strategies that use positive rewards to set and reinforce good behaviors
ROCKY travels well, sleeps in his crate all night, is micro-chipped, heart worm negative and on preventative, and up to date on vaccinations. If you have an approved Northern California Border Collie Rescue & Adoptions Application and wish to enquire about ROCKY please email us at Adoptions@norcalbcrescue.org. If you have an approved adoption application with Border Collie Rescue of Northern California let us know and we will request it be forwarded to us for consideration.
ROCKY travels well, sleeps in his crate all night, is micro-
ROCKY is being fostered in Granite Bay CA.
Become A Foster
NCBCRA is always looking for new foster families to provide a lifesaving chance for a Border collie.
NCBCRA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) committed to rescuing Border Collies in Northern California in order to find them their forever homes.